Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Glimpse Into the Future

On Sunday, we got our Christmas tree! We put it up and let it 'settle' for a day and then decorated it last night. Once we were finished, I took the scores of presents I painstakingly wrapped and neatly placed them under the tree. Dr. SOB and I stood back, embracing each other, and enjoyed the quaint little scene we created. Then the phone started ringing. While Dr. was running for it, the cat, who was hiding out under the tree, started puking all over the neatly arranged presents. I grabbed him up and tried to move him away from the gifts. Since he was still puking, though, the net effect of this was that I sprayed cat vomit all over my living room. I yelled for the Dr. to get me some paper towels, but he was quite distracted because on the phone was the hospital informing him that he had just been named in his very first lawsuit! As I struggled to keep my own lunch in my stomach as I cleaned the puke, Dr. called one after another of his attendings to find out why he was being named in this lawsuit. Once things quieted down, we both looked at each other and broke into hysterical laughter. At the exact same moment, we both realized that this is what our life is going to be like for the next several years. Giddy-up!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: