Monday, January 09, 2006

Rapidly Losing All Hope

Somehow, this situation keeps getting worse. Yesterday, I never got out of my pj's, but I only allowed myself to nap for one scant hour. I wanted to be able to fall asleep in the evening, and I thought a long nap might sabotage that. I languished all day, not doing much of anything at all. We watched football. During the second half of the Steeler's game, I started to fade. I was excited, though, at the prospect of being tired. Once the game was over, around 7:45, I looked at Dr. SOB with a huge grin and told him I was going to bed. He kindly tucked me in, and I think I was asleep even before my head hit the pillow. Until 9:30, when I woke with a start and was unable to fall back asleep again until 7:30 this morning. I woke up again around 9:30 and have been sitting quietly listening to the sounds of my apartment as I slowly go insane. Because I have been unable to get any significant rest, my sinus infection actually seems to be getting worse. I called my OB to see if there was anything I could take beside benadryl to help alleviate this condition. Hopefully he'll tell me that hard narcotics are A-OK and I'll finally get some rest tonight.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Lora said...

Good luck! I have had a few stretches like that too, and I find the only thing that works is physical exertion (at the gym and doing crappy housework) is the only thing that brings sleep. Resting is a demon in the way of sleeping, which sucks for you considering the whole illness thing. I guess what I'm saying is I'm sorry, and I understand.