Sunday, January 08, 2006

To Sleep, Perchance To Breathe

Since wednesday, my face has been plugged with festering bacteria, making breathing normally a bit of a challenge. Most regular people can take things like sudafed to help relieve these types of ailments, however, I am not one of those people. Even before I was knocked up, taking any type of decongestant would send me into such a frenzy. I think it's probably like what it feels like to be on speed or coke, however since I have no direct experience with these things, I can only speculate. Naturally, over the years I have avoided any of these decongestants like the street drugs I equate them with. Yesterday, thought, I was at my breaking point. I decided that it would be better to be cracked up and breathing for a few hours than to be miserable pus face for one more minute. Also, I was hoping that since it had been so long since I had even tried any of these drugs, perhaps my body would now react to them normally. It was a risk I thought I was willing to take. Most of the day, I did feel better. I was still a little stuffed up, but it was manageable. Also, I didn't seem to get too squirrelly. We ran a few errands and then went to my friend Laura's birthday party. Around midnight, we got home and were getting into bed. I was so excited, because I thought I was going to sleep like a rock. My one nostril was still clear, so breathing would be facilitated, and after running around all day I felt tired, but in a good way. But if we all hearken back to monday night, we will recall how my pregnant body is extremely sensitive to stimulants. Apparently my body was hoarding the sudafed all day and then released it all into my blood stream right around 12:01 am. I haven't slept. At all. AT ALL. Basically, the only thing I can do at this point it wait for it to get out of my system and then try to sleep. I feel a bit psychotic, and Dr. SOB is starting to worry. I keep telling him that if I give him explicit permission to punch me in the head until I'm unconscious, it doesn't count as assault.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: