Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Alleuia, Sam is Saved!

Little Sammy got all his original sin washed off this weekend. I'm not entirely sure I agree with all that Catholic BS, but it made many family members happy to know he won't languish in purgatory when he dies. And he got to wear a cute little suit, compliments of Aunt Tori!

Sam met a lot of new family members, too. He met all of his great-grandparents. For me, it was a very emotional experience. My maternal grandparents have always been very expressive and loving towards their children and grandchildren, so I expected them to be very exuberant, and they were. My paternal grandparents, however, have always been very reserved. They don't speak about their feelings often, if ever. When we walked into their house, though, it was as if al of their filters were removed. My grandfather, who is 80, literally ran to the door and had Sam in his arms the minute he was out of his car seat. My grandmother must have kissed him a hundred times. I tried to keep from crying, but I was so overcome that some tears may have escaped. All in all, Sam seemed to like cousin Laura the best!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: