Thursday, November 23, 2006

Gobbledygook

See, it's an indication of the nature of this post, but it's also a tie-in to the whole Thanksgiving thing, too. You know, because turkeys say 'Gobble' and whatnot.

I'm blogging here at my mother-in-law's house. I am TIRED. I cannot sleep. A benadryl has been ingested, but I have to wait a wee bit for it to kick in. Today was insane, but in a good-crazy kind of way, which is not what I expected.

The son was nearly perfect, despite being deprived of an ounce of peace for nearly twenty four hours. He tolerated being held by twenty two different strangers. I didn't even know some of them.

I remember last Thanksgiving, when I was a measly thirty weeks pregnant. We slept in this same bed, and I had trouble getting in and out of it because it's low to the ground. I remember not fitting between the table and the hutch at my mom's house because of my belly. I remember my maternity pants were just starting to transition from awesomely stretchy and comfortable to constricting and unbearably painful.

It's funny how much can change in one year.

And how one little creature can change the outlook of a grown woman, set in her ways. Ways that usually don't include enjoying huge family affairs at her in-law's house.

It's an awful lot to be thankful for.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

susan said...

It's so amazing how much has changed in one short year! Good for the son, handling the passing and (undoubtedly) pecking so well... I just wish I had been able to get in some pecking of my own. Next year, for sure!!!

Amy Jo said...

He was pecked and passed so much we were forced to dip him in some disinfectant before bed.