Monday, July 14, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

I've been wanting to take Sam outside and play after a good rain all summer and we finally got our chance last week. Lucy was sleeping so we put on his super cool rain boots and had at it. The back of our driveway gets plenty of small puddles and he had a blast.

Watching as water drips from the gutters

Making a muddy splash

Looking quite pleased with his muddy splash

In motion

This last one is my favorite. Even though you can't see his face, I love how it captures so much of his kinetic energy. He was just running from puddle to puddle, skipping through them so quickly he barely broke the surface. It was two-and-a-half, pure and simple.

For more, visit Tracey over at Mother May I.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

Yes. I love the last one, too. The vibrant greens against the grey...very nice.

Christina said...

I've been wanting to do some puddle jumping with my little gla, too! I need to get her some rainboots. There are too cute! The green really pops.

Melissa said...

Sweet. I had some frog wellingtons just like those and loved them so much.

Lara said...

the last two are both great. you're right that the last one catches the motion and energy. looks like fun! :)

Jaimee said...

I love that last one! Oh, how I would LOVE some rain around here!!!

kim said...

Adorable. There's nothing quite like a good 'ol romp in the puddles.

Megan said...

cute boots make the best photos :)!

Arizaphale said...

I know what you mean about the last one but I also love the action shot of the splash! Well caught. Such a relief to get out after being cooped in isn't it? We're doing that here now. It's been freezing and wet all holidays.