Saturday, September 08, 2012

Gypsy Life: Day 2 The Day The Cable Died

Today started off a little earlier than the over 6 set had hoped. I guess that's what you get when you stack three kids in one room.

Last night, after officially closing on the WV house, we may have indulged in some nice french wine, so getting a wake up call at 6:30 this morning was not appreciated.  Since we have the same cable company as we did in WV, I instructed Sam to put on PBS and hoped that maybe we could catch a few more minutes of sleep. My devious plan was fool-proof! Except that I never once considered that the cable might not be working. Two minutes later Sam was back in our room, relaying the error message that the cable box was displaying. Then Maggie came in demanding breakfast. All of the commotion woke up Fred and before I really and truly opened my eyes all four kids were seated at the table eating a healthy meal of poptarts and bagels.


As a gesture of love and kindness, I didn't send the kids in to wake up SOB until 8am. Because I'm an awesome wife and all. Sam had really been craving some quality dad time, so those two went out for waffles. Me and the little ones have been hanging out, making beds, dressing up like tinker bell, watching elmo's world on the youtubes, and playing 'hide the mad hatter.'


The cable situation won't be rectified until Monday, but we found our Apple TV thingie so we can netflix and stuff. The boys are on their way home, and then I'm going to try out the gym up in this place. Because if I don't get out of this apartment soon, I may go mad myself!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: